How do I get Death Certificate?
Death Certificate can be obtained in the following two steps
- Apply for Death Certificate in www.Odishaonline.gov.in either as a Citizen or in CSC Centers.
- Get the Certificate after some specified period in the portal or in CSC centers as the case may be.
Apply Death Certificate as a Citizen
A citizen can apply for Death certificate in www.Odishaonline.gov.in by logging in as a Citizen User. For this He must have a login/User id. If he does not have then He can sign in for the same and get his login/User id and password. Once he got his login/User id, he is eligible to avail the services in Odishaonline portal.
- For applying Death Certificate in Odishaonline Portal, he must have the following things in hand to proceed.
- A valid Registration no. of the death of the deceased. If he does not have then may contact Health Office/appropriate Hospital for that.
He must be a related to the deceased for whom the Certificate is required.
Identity proof of himself.
Debit/Credit Card to use in Payment Gateway for paying fees of the certificate (Annexure I).
A valid email address and Mobile No. This must be filled while registering with the site as a Citizen User. The email address and Mobile no. will be used for sending certificate status.
Taking the Certificate as a Citizen
A citizen who has applied for certificate can also check his application status in Odishaonline Portal. When the application for certificate is approved by appropriate Authority (ULB/Municipality office) User can take the print out of the digitally signed certificate. For this the mandatory requirements are
- Citizen must check his Transaction history (My Transaction Tab in Dash board) in his Login in Odishaonline portal. He has to navigate to the "Check application Status"link to redirect to the appropriate Authority to check his application status there.
Once the application is approved, appropriate message will be communicated to the user to his mobile and email address. So the user has to use the same to get the certificate from the Odishaonline Portal.
As the Certificate is digitally signed he must provide appropriate identity/Security code to avail the digitally signed Certificate.
Apply death Certificate in CSC Centers
A citizen can apply for Death certificate in www.Odishaonline.gov.in in CSC centers available at various places in urban areas.
For applying Birth Certificate in Odishaonline Portal, he must have the following things in hand to proceed.
- A valid Registration no. of the deceased. If he does not have then may contact Health Office or appropriate Hospital for that.
- He must be a related to the deceased for whom the Certificate is required.
- Identity proof.
- Appropriate fees of the certificate (Annexure I) along with User fees (Service charge at CSC centers(Annexure II)).
Taking the Certificate from a CSC Center
A citizen who has applied for certificate through a CSC center can take his certificate from the same CSC center during the time provided by the CSC Operator while applying for the Certificate. When the application for certificate is approved by appropriate Authority (ULB/Municipality office), He will get the digitally signed certificate from the CSC Operator. For this the mandatory requirements are
- Citizen has to approach the CSC center during the date and time provided to him by the Center Operator.
- Identity proof as required during the certificate submission.
Death Certificate Fees
If the death is within 21 days – No fee
If the death is within 30 days to -1 year – Rs.7/-
If the death is after 1 year – Rs.10/-
Use Fees for CSC centers
Death Certificate: Rs. 10.